Followers

Friday, July 22, 2011

Joy Journal Day 7

I met with a special friend today and she helped reinforce the only attitude I can control is my own. She shared about the pain she felt in losing her father and how she still misses him terribly, but it's not the same as in the beginning. She said there will be songs on the radio or you will read articles or see things that remind you of your dad. I've already experienced that a few times so I knew what she was talking about.

On my way home from work tonight, I stopped at Mickey D's to get a diet coke. While waiting in the drive thru, I was watching the man in the car behind me. He was an older gentleman and his mannerisms reminded me of my dad. When I got to the window to pay, I told them I wanted to pay for his order. I told the cashier to tell the gentleman he reminded me of my daddy and that I was really missing today. As I pulled to the next window, I could see the gentleman hand the cashier his money and then I saw the look on his face. It was priceless.

Yes, my friend there are signs all around and I'm the only one that can change my attitude. This time they were tears of joy instead of pain. Thank you for your encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment