Followers

Monday, November 14, 2011

Kaboodle Doodles - Week 93 Challenge

The Kaboodle Doodles Challenge this week is Thanksgiving and this week's winner will receive some wonderful images from A Day for Daisies. My card features one of their digis "A Kiss from Sis." I didn't do any coloring on this image, but think I may make another card and try my hand at some watercolors. I found a sentiment online and printed it from my computer. I used some Autumn paper from Olivia Level 2 paper pack and mounted the image and sentiment on textured Barn Red cardstock. The flowers are Bazill, but everything else is CTMH.
I distressed using my favorite technique. You dip a glue brush (availabe in packs of 10 at your local hobby store) in some reinker and flick the brush from the outside of your paper in to get a feathered effect. I generally use Cocoa or Chocolate, but tried Parchment on this card and I think the results compliment the paper very well. Now it's your turn!


I am also entering this card at:
Digi Doodles Shop's Best - Challenge #82 Sketch
Friendship's Garden - Bonus Challenge - make a card in less than 15 minutes (non-stamping challenge)
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - #66 and DT call

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the distressing effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the distressing, Miss Sue! Would like to try that one of these days but I still need to get my hands on an re-inker. or would acrylic paint work the same magine?

    Kath - Fellow KD DT
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz at http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is very cute, love that image, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card and thanks for the tip!
    Thank you for participating in Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenge this week,
    Liva ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue! This is such a lovely card ... sometimes the simplest really is the best! And thanks for joining up this week at Friendship's Garden! Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely card. Love the distressing and the design. Thanks for playing at Digi Doodle Shop's Best and good luck. Hope to see you back thursday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card. The image is so adorable.
    Thank you for joining us at Penny's and Good Luck.
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card. Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Challenges
    Hugs,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card, a very stylish image, thank you for joining us at The Digi Doodle Shop Challenge this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card! Love the name of your blog, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Miss Sue!

    Sorry to post this here, but I could not find your email address on your blog.
    I have some great news for you! After much deliberation, the Design Team and I would like to invite you to join us at Penny’s Paper-Crafty Challenge. Please let me know if you are still interested. You can email me at kallee.ko.bowtique(at)gmail(dot)com. Once I hear back from you I will give you all the info you need. I look forward to hearing from you!

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete